Monday, May 2, 2011

Pardon my poo panic

Pardon my poo panic
Tonight we began to wind down our evening and I was getting Levi ready for bed, I flipped back his covers... and was horrified to find an ominous brown pile staring up at me

My breath caught...

You see, all I could remember was the day before yesterday...

We attempted a "naked" day so that every time Levi had the sensation that he needed to use the bathroom he would know to tell me instead of going in his diaper or underwear... I have a lot of friends who've used this method and had a pretty easy time potty training their kids... 

plus, he loved tee teeing on our organic fruit loops

Levi has a routine, he does his "business" twice a day on a normal day... and I can always tell when it's almost that time.

He hides in his closet, behind his door, or behind the leather chair in our living room. Always.

I had just gotten him off round 2 on the potty. We were aiming for every 20 - 30 minutes

He was playing in his room and I didn't think anything about him going in his closet, normally he shuts the doors, if he's got "work" to do plus, he was digging around in his toy box so I went about my laundry duties...

All of the sudden.... I hear "MOMMY MOMMY I POOPED IN DA FLOOOOOOOOR"

did I mention our 9 month old was ALSO in the room playing with Levi, and all I could imagine was the horror stories I've heard from other friends... something about "poo becoming finger paint... or (gulp)... food.

I ran. He ran. We met in the middle...

I saw the poo down the backs of his legs, & went flying past him to secure the baby and started yelling for Aaron (beloved hubs) to come help me.... 

Thank GOD my two years old's WELL KNOWN mischievous streak didn't rear it's naughty little head... 

and my fabulous husband cleaned up the offensive funk in the closet floor

SO....

Tonight when we began to wind down our evening and I was getting Levi ready for bed, and  I flipped back his covers... and was horrified to find an ominous brown pile staring up at me...

upon closer examination I realized he'd tucked some of our afternoons meal on the go (arby's roast beef) into his cowboy boot, and had left it behind in his bed after nap...
I've never been so relieved to see fast food in my life...


(pardon the blur, taken w/ camera phone, old pic,  he's now (mostly) paci broken & no longer sporting a mullet  haha)

- Always - (willing to add a little dramatic flare to your day,)
  Sunshine

1 comment:

Atlanta said...

Oh my gosh! Thank goodness for roast beef and not poo in the bed!!!