Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday # 1

Thankful Thursday # 1

I wanted to start this weeks (34) ago, a challenge of sorts from my friend Candra to find things I am thankful for every week. Sometimes the "small" blessings get lost in the chaos of 2 boys, a husband who works full time, and goes to college full time, and trying to remember that we're out of clean towels/bowls so I need to do laundry and dishes... amongst much else, but too much to say.

I have struggled over the last two years, I have struggled in my christian walk and battled with my faith. After my family has taken some pretty hard blows, I have been unsure of what to do next, and afraid to step out on God's promises for my life because things didn't happen the way I thought they would or should...

BUT

God has been stirring me... I feel like I'm waking up.

Praise God.
I don't know if I'll remember to do this every week, for those of you that know me I am relatively hair brained, which I hope to be an endearing quality....

I hope. haha.

  1. I am thankful and blessed to be watching my eldest little boy, Levi (2)... turn into a bright, INTELLIGENT, handsome, mighty little man of God. I cried looking at him in the car today because I am just so amazed by him.
  2. He still gives me kisses on the lips, I'm really thankful because they make my day!!!
  3. I am thankful and honored God chose me to be the mother to my two little men... He chose me to raise up leaders, that blows my mind
  4. I am thankful for the last 8 months with Blaise Judah, my sweet "Bumble B" and his life time to come!
  5. I am thankful for SUCH a patient husband, as I stated above, I'm a little hair brained and he just takes it all in stride. 
  6. I am thankful God has heard my prayers to order my steps in His word, I struggle with being organized but need the stability. I've been praying God would help me be focused on organizing my/our home/finances/priorities, and more importantly teaching my children.
  7. I am thankful for fantastic gray (sidewalk by N.Y.C) nail polish! It's so super chic! 
  8. I'm thankful for the relationship my husband has with my family, it's brings me so much joy.
  9. I'm thankful for hunger for the Word.
  10. I am thankful that I know right motivation for good health is coming, I LOATHE diets, but struggle with my weight... I've been praying God would purify my motives for weight loss because I know only then will I be successful.
- The End -

1 comment:

Candra Georgi said...

i'm so excited that you wrote. even if it's only once a week---you gotta write on thursdays---you're just too good at it.

a] you're honest
b] you're hilarious
c] you're honest
d] you're honest

seriously though, thanks for keeping it real.

you live too close to never come over [and pick up that sling!!! ha ha] and you live too close to struggle alone. i demand we hang out more.

you're one of the most beautiful woman i know. honestly, you just have the most gorgeous face and complexion.

i know you're a great mommy and i know you struggle, but we all do. you and your hubs are so cute on facebook and i know you sacrifice so much to love and take care of your home.

He sees it all and is so delighted in you Sunshine!